STATEMENT OF FAITH
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father [f]of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
1) The Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments in their original form, is the fully inspired and only infallible Word of God. We accept it as the supreme and final authority in all matters of doctrine, faith and life.
2) There is one God, who is self-revealed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These are the three eternal distinctions in one divine being. Lighthouse Radio does therefore not condone or advocate the Oneness Doctrine/Jesus Only.
3) The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of God the Father, His personal future return to reign in power and glory.
4) Man was created good and upright in the image of God. But man, by voluntary transgression, fell, and his only hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ the Son of God.
5) The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance toward God and faith in the finished work of the Lord Christ Jesus on Calvary. Man is justified by grace alone and this through faith. Repentance is not a once off action, but continual as we seek to grow in His Presence. The once-saved-always-saved doctrine is therefore not condoned or advocated.
6) They who receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour by faith, are born again by the Holy Spirit and become Children and heirs of God. The New Birth is absolutely essential for personal salvation and eternal life.
7) The Lord Jesus appointed two ordinances - believer’s baptism by immersion in water as a public witness and confession of faith and identification with Christ declaring that we have died with Jesus and have also been raised with Him to walk with Him in newness of life, symbolical of being baptised in one body - and the Lord’s Supper is the partaking of the emblems, the bread and the fruit of the vine, as a memorial of His suffering and death and a prophecy of His second coming by all believers “until He come”.
8) The sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a life of righteousness and true holiness.
9) The baptism of the Holy Spirit with the speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives them utterance and the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit for the edification of the body of Christ.
10) The work of the Holy Spirit has not ceased in any way or form, but continues as in the days of Acts to empower, equip and edify the disciples of the Lord.
11) The Church is the body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointment for the fulfilment of her great commission. Each Christian believer who is redeemed by Jesus Christ and regenerated by the Holy Spirit is part of that body. In reflecting the greater body of the church, the new birth and a personal confession of Christ are essentials for membership of the local church. Salvation is for all ethnic groups – the Blood of the Lord does not discriminate.
12) The Redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for us in spirit, soul and body - it is the privilege of all believers and as a sign following to confirm the preached Word of God to unbelievers.
13) All those who follow Jesus are His disciples, and are therefore called according to the Great Commission of Matthew 28 and Mark 16 to lay hands on the sick, to lay hands on those spiritually under torment, to baptise in water and Spirit, to preach the Good News and to teach all that the Lord has taught in His Word.
14) The Law of the Lord has not passed away, but has been fulfilled in Jesus. The 613 Laws of Moses per letter no longer applies within a physical sense under the New Covenant, but the higher spiritual laws as taught by Jesus and which encapsulates the laws of old within a spiritual concept are still binding and applicable on all believers.
15) God’s still has a Covenant with ethnical Israel – the people of God - and that the Gentiles have by the grace of God been included in His redemption plan by the Blood of Jesus. The doctrine that the Church is now the spiritual Israel is not condoned, and just so it is false that the Lord has broken His Covenant with Israel as a people.
16) The Kingdom of God is not a kingdom defined by man’s rules, regulations, agendas, structures, truths or ideas. It is a Kingdom defined by God, and by His Truth and by His constitution. Jesus came to show how to live according to the everlasting and eternal Kingdom, and not a religion. A true understanding of the Kingdom is revealed by a true and real relationship with the Lord.
17) The kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. It is one of power to redeem, restore, and it about the truth, way and life of the Lord.
18) Seeking a life of the Kingdom is the highest treasure we can strife for and must pursue. Prosperity teachings that exalt the earthly/material value above spiritual values of wisdom, love and knowledge is not condoned or advocated.
19) Jesus is the only Head of the Church, which is not a building but a living organism of the holy priesthood of believers who are the Bride and who follow the Lord in Spirit and Truth.
20) The prophetic has no passed away, but the Lord still ordains prophets to speak His will and heart to bring into alignment the Church with His Kingdom.
21) The resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
22) Upholding, preaching, teaching and proclaiming sound doctrine, therefore doctrine that never contradicts the infallible Word, which is Jesus.